In this article, we will discuss about windscreen insurance coverage and how to claim from a Zurich windscreen panel as well as how to do a Takaful Malaysia windscreen claim.
For anyone who owns a car in Malaysia, they’ll definitely be familiar with road tax and car insurance policies before they even take their first drive of their new car!
Car insurance or motor insurance in Malaysia typically comes in various degrees of coverage to protect your car. Today, most drivers in Malaysia purchase a comprehensive policy. However, although it sounds like it covers every single part of the car, it actually isn’t the case. Most car or motor insurance leaves out windscreen insurance!
In this article, we’ll explore more about what is windscreen insurance coverage, what you should do if your windscreen is damaged during an accident and how to claim from a Zurich windscreen panel as well as how to do a Takaful Malaysia windscreen claim.
What Is Windscreen Insurance Coverage?
Windscreen insurance or coverage is a type of additional protection for your car’s windscreen. It is usually offered as an add-on to your car insurance policy, where you have to activate your car’s insurance to be able to purchase this windscreen insurance.
- Front windscreen
- Back and rear windscreens
- All door windows and quarter glass
- Sunroof glass (original and not a modification sunroof)
What You Should Do If You Get A Cracked Windscreen During An Accident
- Stay calm, be polite and courteous. You should refrain from admitting liability or offering any settlement or payment.
2. Note down the following items:
- The personal particulars of the driver involved in the road accident
- The name of the insurer of the other vehicle/s
- The brand, model and registration numbers of the other vehicle/s involved in the road accident
- The registration number of tow trucks (if any)
This will help you when making a police report later, as you will be required to do so.
3. Snap photos and note down the extent of the damage to the vehicles involved.
4. Immediately call your insurance roadside assistance service( 1-800-888-788 for Takaful Malaysia Roadside
Assistance, 1-300-88-6222 for Zurich Roadside Assistance) . They will assist in arranging for a panel tow truck
and will tow your vehicle to the nearest panel workshop.
5. Make a Police Report of the incident within 24 hours. You are required by law to lodge a police report as soon
6. Cooperate with the investigators and appointed loss adjuster to undertake an independent assessment of the
repairs recommended by the panel workshop
Is The Additional Cost Of Windscreen Insurance Worth It?
Yes, if you’re always travelling in construction-prone areas that may cause stones and rocks to hit your car.
If not, you can always try to be more aware of where you drive in your attempt to preserve your windscreen. Avoid driving behind large trucks and under scaffolding, and be wary of the trees you park under.
From what we’ve learned, windscreen coverage will cost you about 15% of your windscreen total price. So if it’s worth RM1500, you will likely have to pay an additional premium of about RM225 to your yearly motor insurance policy. However, it’s best to check the total bill with your provider first as different companies may have different ways of calculating your add-on premium.
Looking for windscreen replacement? Choose the provider you can trust – choose Windscreen2U
Windscreen2U is Malaysia’s leading automotive safety glass repair and replacement company with one of the first door-to-door windscreen replacement service in Malaysia!
We are a Zurich windscreen panel as well as a Takaful Malaysia panel. We can help you with a Takaful Malaysia windscreen claim as we partner with a holistic range of Malaysia’s leading insurance providers to help our customers across all sectors.
With a fleet of mobile technicians, we aim to provide a superior service with value, safety, and satisfaction at the heart of our business regardless if you have windscreen insurance coverage or not.
Contact us today at +6012-226 3776, 1700-81-1022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a windscreen repair at your convenience!